Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Beginning

I started my healthy (debatable) video game obsession back when I was a youngun. I clearly remember that Christmas morning: I ran for the box, tore through that wrapper like a maniac, opened it up.
Beautiful.

A brand new yellow Gameboy Color, with Pokemon Yellow to match.

From that day on video games were my main hobby, next to bike riding and basketball (good activities to offset the laziness that tends to go along with games). Many of my close friends from school and church were into games; we explored those virtual worlds together, built relationships through the games we played, and learned from them. For me, they were, and still are, far more than entertainment.

I’ve amassed quite a collection over the years, and I’m going to list my systems and titles in the next post. Unfortunately, I can’t remember all the games I may have returned over the years (there are many), but I will list the ones I currently own.

Why list them? Well, by blowing the dust off of these old games, I’m going back through my childhood. Many of these games are connected to a period of time in my life, or a particular person, something or someone that matters very much to me, and I have not thought of in a long time.
I also hope that someone might look at this list and be reminded of their own childhood.
And just because I enjoy logging them J

No comments:

Post a Comment